Saturday, April 11, 2009

Paris at Eastertime

I arrived in Paris this afternoon, and Eldon and I met up with our friend Nikki who was studying with us in Florence. She has been in Poland for the last week or so, and it has been very interesting to hear her stories. After checking into our hostel and getting situated we went to the Eiffel Tower at night. I wasn't quite sure if the Eiffel Tower would be all that it is hyped up to be, but it turned out to be AMAZING when it is lit up in the dark! It really was breathtaking. Tomorrow we plan to go to Easter Mass at Notre Dame then go on a picnic for Easter lunch. Paris is really busy with people visiting for their long Easter weekends, but the atmosphere is very festive. I am definitely glad to be here, but of course it is a bit strange to be celebrating Easter away from home. I doubt that the Easter bunny visits hostels. But, on the upside, in just two more days my mom and brother are coming! I've been counting down the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment