Thursday, February 5, 2009

A couple new Italian pick up lines

Today was art Thursday, once again, but I don't really feel like blogging about that. It's interesting and all, but I don't have that much to say about it. Tomorrow we are travelling to Sienna, so I'm excited for that. I just thought I'd take this opportunity to update you all on a couple new pick up lines I've encountered this week.

I encountered the first two pick up lines on Tuesday night when Ashley, Ania, Allyson, and I were walking to the bus station after going into town for dinner. There were five or six guys just sitting on the curb in front of a store, and they were all drinking wine from the bottle. When we walked by, one of them said, "I only drink wine when I'm in love." He said it in English, so it was obviously aimed at us. Shortly after we were past them, but not out of earshot, one of the guys neighed at us. And yes, by neighed I do mean that the sound that a horse makes. It was probably the weirdest thing I've heard of a guy doing to try to get a girl's attention. He did really sound like a horse though, so I guess, you've got to use your talents.

Today when we were walking through the San Lorenzo market, one of the booth owners said to me, "Excuse me ma'am, you dropped something," and he pointed to the ground. While I was looking down to see what I had dropped, he proceeded to say, "Oh, it's just my heart." It was just so funny, I burst out laughing right in front of him. Of course, this American girl who was walking near us heard him and had to steal our thunder. She told us that he had said the exact same thing to her yesterday. I don't really care though, it's still hilarious. I should make a book when I get back of all the strange things I've witnessed men say or do for the sake of women here in Italy.

1 comment: