Saturday, February 7, 2009

A great day to be alive

I woke up this morning, and the sun was shining, for once. So I went for a long run in an area I'd never been before. I was wearing just a t-shirt on my upper body, and I was sweating because it was so nice outside! Once I got back I did some homework and had cappucino with Bob and Simone (one of the front desk workers at the hotel). In the afternoon Ashley and I walked in Florence so she could go to mass. But I did not want to go to the English mass because I'd rather go to the Franciscan mass tomorrow. So instead I went to this bookstore/coffee shop place that I saw walking the other day. It was pretty much the perfect place for me: combine books, coffee, and cute decorations, and I'm sold. They also have live entertainment each night, so I'm planning on going. After my nice little me time at the coffee shot, I met up with Ashley, Ania, and Allyson for dinner, which was delicious yet again. There were so many people just walking all over the streets in Florence, it was like a fair or something. Everyone was just so happy that the rain finally stopped, and they had to get outside. On our way back to the bus stop after dinner I saw two dresses that I really, really liked, and they were on sale. So I bought both of them, for an amazing price of just 20 euros for the two of them! Right now I am getting ready to go out to the bar with the rest of the group, and I wearing my new red dress: the color of passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment